1/30/11

May the force of Photoshop be with you.


Here is a nice picture of myself during my winter break’s road trip in Grand Canyon:


A few days later, I heard a Star Wars event would take place in the Grand Canyon too, I was going to miss it… but as a huge fan, I decided to go back, and take the VERY SAME picture, but with the millennium falcon at the back.

 

This is so much better that way. Now some people may argue that I used Photoshop for having this result… that I actually used a mask for getting the Star Wars ships into my picture, and then added the effect “screen” to the Death Star and Star Destroyers layers for giving the impression that they are far away. They even say that I used a drop shadow for the Millennium Falcon, and a slightly motion blur for making it look more real. Finally, they add that I probably spent hours just trying to figure out what to add to that big ship for making it look even more real, but without finding a solution. But those kinds of accusations are just stupid, it was much easier to go back to the Canyon and take another picture… tsss…

Soon they will tell me that the Death Star never went at Paris for the Emperor’s holidays, that I just used a mask on the clouds… well, they weren’t there the day I took that picture too.  

 

Unfortunately, I lost the picture of myself with Darth Vader playing soccer, but I don’t desperate to find it again one day…

No comments:

Post a Comment